Richard Duthoy- Chair
1. To create an awareness for the need for
continuing education by identifying, developing and promoting
appropriate professional education courses for the Maryland GFOA
2. Acting as a resource to members by providing
advice on governmental finance requirements and methods.
3. Providing forums for specific areas of interest
of the membership.
4. Offering quality educational opportunities at
The Board of Directors of the Maryland GFOA has created
several standing committees to help the Association to better assist
membership and activities and to provide training and educational programs.
1. To review the Maryland GFOA's by-laws and make
recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
2. To prepare and supervise all authorized changes from
a technical and legal standpoint as prescribed in the by-laws.
3. To compare the Maryland GFOA by-laws to the by-laws
of the GFOA, identify differences, and make recommendations towards
elimination of inconsistencies.
4. To keep Maryland GFOA policy statements current and
5. To review and recommend changes to the Association's
records retention schedule.
Martin G. Jacobs- Chair
1. To produce a news format for the members in order
to keep them informed of the various activities of the meetings,
2. To promote the role and image of the membership
as professionals in the area of public finance.
3. To report on current matters of a technical or
professional nature that impact public finance.
1. To increase membership
2. To develop and distribute information about the
Maryland GFOA to all current members and new members.
3. To encourage members' participation in Maryland GFOA
4. To seek out and welcome new members at meetings of
the Maryland GFOA and encourage others to do the same.
1. To develop and create an awareness for the need of
sponsorship for Maryland GFOA Conferences, Seminars, etc.
2. To prepare information to be distributed to the
Associate membership for sponsorships.
If you are interested in participating in any of these committees or
would like further information regarding current projects or activities,
please contact the committee chair.
Long Range Planning Committee
Patrick M. Fannon-
1. To identify and analyze matters that could impact
the way the Association conducts business and provides services.
2. To make appropriate recommendations to the Board of